The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills and knowledge required to design a fitness programme to improve performance within a specific sporting event.
Throughout the course candidates will learn to:
- Apply techniques for developing endurance, speed, power and agility in the context of training for sports and events
- Use tools for analysis of sports and events, with the aim of targeting the components of fitness required in order to be competitive in a specific discipline
- Employ skills and drills as appropriate to different running speeds, from sprints to long distances
- Programme a mixture of sport-specific and cross-training approaches in order to prevent injury
The home study program is ideal for those individuals who are looking for a flexible and convenient learning model that can be completed at the candidate’s own pace. The program provides hard copy study materials that systematically prepares students for the certification exam. Expert instructors are readily available to provide assistance throughout your course.
- Self-paced learning allows you to move at your own speed
- Ideal study program for the busy adult – study anywhere, anytime
- Instructor supported learning means all your questions are answered
- Study using your preferred method of online or hard copy materials
REPs CPD Points: 16 points
- portfolio of evidence
- case study