This qualification is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor in the context of gym-based exercise.
Throughout this distance learning course candidates will learn:
- anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- how to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments.
- how to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- how to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- the skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme with apparently healthy adults – both individuals and groups.
The home study program is ideal for those individuals who are looking for a flexible and convenient learning model that can be completed at the candidate’s own pace. The program provides an interactive e-learning platform along with hard copy study materials that systematically prepares students for the certification exam. Expert instructors are readily available to provide assistance throughout your course.
Self-paced learning allows you to move at your own speed
Ideal study program for the busy adult – study anywhere, anytime
Instructor supported learning means all your questions are answered
Study using your preferred method of online or hard copy materials
REPs CPD Points: 20 points
- multiple choice theory paper
- practical examination
A £100 (non-refundable deposit) is required to secure a place on this course.
Our Gym Instructor and Personal Training package deal for Distance Learning is only £1400.00 when booked together.