The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
Throughout the course candidates will learn:
- anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- how to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments
- how to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- how to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- how to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- how to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- how to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages Assessment
The home study program is ideal for those individuals who are looking for a flexible and convenient learning model that can be completed at the candidate’s own pace. The program provides an interactive e-learning platform along with hard copy study materials that systematically prepares students for the certification exam. Expert instructors are readily available to provide assistance throughout your course.
Self-paced learning allows you to move at your own speed
Ideal study program for the busy adult – study anywhere, anytime
Instructor supported learning means all your questions are answered
Study using your preferred method of online or hard copy materials
REPs CPD Points: 20 points
multiple choice theory papers
YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Gym-Based Exercise (or equivalent)
0% interest payment plan available on request.
A £200 (non-refundable deposit) is required to secure a place on this course.
Our Gym Instructor and Personal Training package deal for Distance Learning is only £1400 when booked together.