This qualification is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor in the context of gym-based exercise.
Throughout the course, candidates will learn:
- Anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- the digestive system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- Principles of working in the gym environment, including customer service and how to maintain health, safety and welfare
- How to conduct consultations and promote the health benefits of physical activity
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme with apparently healthy adults – both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 13-18 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group and older adults (50 plus).
REPs CPD Points: 20 points
- Learner Assessment Record
- Assessment Workbook
- Multiple Choice Theory paper
- Practical examination
- Portfolio of evidence
£680 £445 – Student Rate
A £100 (non-refundable deposit) is required to secure a place on this course.
12 Month 0% interest payment plan available on request.