The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
Throughout the course, candidates will learn:
- Anatomy and physiology knowledge as applicable to personal training.
- Nutrition and its application to support a client’s health and physical activity programme
- Health and wellbeing and factors that affect this
- Effective communication during client consultations to promote and encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and long term change
- Conduct a variety of fitness tests and anthropometrical measurements (e.g skinfolds, girths)
- Designing and planning effective Personal Training sessions for a range of clients in different environments
- Executing effective physical activity sessions for a range of clients in different environments
- Professional practice and legal requirements for Personal Training
- Business acumen for working in both an employed role and for self-employment
- Self-evaluation and professional development
Level of entry onto REPS: Level 3
- Learner Assessment Record
- Assessment Workbook
- Multiple Choice Theory paper (external)
- Practical examination
- Portfolio of evidence
YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing (or equivalent)
Level 3 Award in Instructing Outdoor Fitness
Level 3 Award in Sports Conditioning
£1660 £1300 £1660 £1100 – Student Rate
A £200 (non-refundable deposit) is required to secure a place on this course.
12 month 0% interest payment plan available on request