The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
Throughout the course candidates will learn:
- Anatomy and physiology knowledge as applicable to personal training.
- Nutrition and its application to support a client’s health and physical activity programme
- Health and wellbeing and factors that affect this
- Effective communication during client consultations to promote and encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and long term change
- Designing and planning effective Personal Training sessions for a range of clients in different environments
- Executing effective physical activity sessions for a range of clients in different environments
- Professional practice and legal requirements for Personal Training
- Business acumen for working in both an employed role and for self-employment
- Self-evaluation and professional development
The home study program is ideal for those individuals who are looking for a flexible and convenient learning model that can be completed at the candidate’s own pace. The program provides an interactive e-learning platform along with hard copy study materials that systematically prepares students for the certification exam. Expert instructors are readily available to provide assistance throughout your course.
- Self-paced learning allows you to move at your own speed
- Ideal study program for the busy adult – study anywhere, anytime
- Instructor supported learning means all your questions are answered
- Study using your preferred method of online or hard copy materials
Level of entry onto REPS: Level 3
- Learner Assessment Record
- Assessment Workbook
- Multiple Choice Theory paper (external)
- Practical examination
- Portfolio of evidence
YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing – Gym-Based Exercise (or equivalent)
0% interest payment plan available on request.
A £200 (non-refundable deposit) is required to secure a place on this course.
Our Gym Instructor and Personal Training package deal for Distance Learning is only £1400 when booked together.