The aim of this qualification is teach exercise professionals how to provide assistance/advice and design exercise programmes for people with certain medical conditions which put their health at risk.
Throughout the course, candidates will learn:
- How to apply appropriate exercise strategies to different medical conditions.
- Understanding a range of common medical conditions and how they affect exercise. Common medical conditions include: Asthma, Diabetes (Type 1 and 2) Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoporosis, Obesity, Depression and Stress.
- The current health care system in the UK and the referral process, including referrals to other professionals.
- How to apply the principles of healthy eating to a range of medical conditions.
- How to communicate with and support clients effectively.
- Adapting and delivering exercise plans for a range of medical conditions
REPs CPD Points: 20 points
10 CIMSPA points
- portfolio of evidence
- practical demonstration/assignment
- practical examination
L2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing. Candidates with a L2 Gym qualification would need to complete additional units of L3 Anatomy and physiology and L3 Nutrition.
£545 £445 – Student rate
A £200 (non-refundable deposit) is required to secure a place on this course.
12 month 0% interest payment plan available on request